2.02.2013

2 Ingredient Shower Scrub DIY

If you're anything like me... winter is a KILLER on your skin.  My skin is very dry all the time, but with these bitterly cold days, I can't do anything but iiiiitttttccccchhhhh. Here is a scrub that you can make and take with you into the shower once a week to help slough off the dead skin and moisturize what's left.

You need Brown Sugar and Olive Oil - that's it! You have those in the cupboard on any given day.
Don't worry about any specific measurements, just put in enough brown sugar to cover your body keeping in mind it will "melt" a little when you pour in the olive oil.
And you're done!  How easy was that?

*Be careful in the shower when using this scrub, the olive oil can make the floor slippery.

Bonus Scrub
My mother-in-law used to sell Mary Kay and I was always gifted products during Christmas or birthdays. One of my favorite things I was given was the TimeWise Microdermabrasion set. (it also came with a shimmery lotion which I really like, but it's not moisturizing enough for the winter)
The sad news about this stuff is the cost.  If it wasn't a gift, I would have never spent the $40 on it.  

Luckily, the lotion has lasted longer (since I don't use it as often) and was able to create a similar scrub for my face.  And you're not going to believe this... it's even easier than the sugar scrub above!

A small amount of baking soda and a teeny amount of water.  Approximatly.. $.02 compared to $20.. I'll take it!  Plus, I feel like it works just as well, as long as you use your regular facewash before this. 

Now all I need to discover is a good hair treatment and I can have a spa day at home for pennies! 

Until next time... XO! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say... leave a comment to spread the love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...